Friday, November 11, 2011

Comeback

Hey. I have come back from two weeks of hiatus. I just visited Abra and Apayao during the long All Saint's weekend. I do have to finish writing about Pangasinan first, though, and then I will tell my Abra and Apayao stories.

I'm better now. My depression lifted when my aunt showed her support in my plans. I already chose to go with the non-thesis option. I don't think I have to over-explain to everyone; it should just suffice to say that the thesis is not my path for now. I was too emotional about it - not good - so I was forced to part from it. I expected it to be the end of my research career, even as an industry person. But I had not expected otherwise.

I had a talk with another Ph.D. regarding his research. Against all odds, I had decided to talk to him about the position he was offering for research. The work that had to be done was multidisciplinary; microbiology and materials science. I never expected to run into this delicious combination of work. I hope that I can be accepted, but then already he expects me to be in his lab next week. Commuting home, I just thought of pursuing a Ph.D. in materials science, with the focus on that project. Just a vision, maybe it was God speaking.

Thus opens a door, unworthy as I am to enter it. I hope it is THE way to go. An opportunity opened. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment